Old June 19th, 2006, 06:46 AM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Copy Cat?

Quote:
Boron said:
Quote:
DominionsFAN said:
I got Great Invasions on my main computer. Its a nice game, but its totally different then Doms. Btw the AI was horrible when the game was released, now after many patches its a bit better, but still dumb.
The game is also a bit too simple for me.
Do you also have Eu2 ?

In another forum where i frequently post some kind of Great Invasions beta tester made some preview AARs and the game looked interesting but he said then when it was released that it is much worse than Eu2 because it was too buggy and also the game concept was not thought out well enough.
You also said that the game is too simple .
Eu2 is "simple" but yet very deep, like chess easy to learn and you have only about 10-20 different game mechanics but in Eu2 they interact with each other so well like in chess so the game is easy to learn but extremely deep nontheless.

I was really interested in buying Great Invasions because i like the era in which the game takes place. But the comments from the beta tester and all the bad reviews made me not buy it. Paradox games (at least Hoi2) got 7x to 8x% scores in even some mainstream game review magazines like the german version or gamestar e.g.. But for Great Invasions i have nowhere, neither from ppl i know nor in online magazines nor normal magazines found a recommedation.

So how would you rate Great Invasions compared to Eu2? Or is it too different to be compared with Eu2?
Yeah I know EU2 of course...hmm.....well EU2 was much more polished, and the AI is much better there also. Both of the games are simple, so they score 50-50 there. GI had tons of bugs, now its playable with the latest patch...but the thing is that the game is just not good enough, it couldnt force me to play with it too much.

Overall I would give EU2 75%, and 50% to GI, if I would have to rate them.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."