Thread: Anansi [1.00]
View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:04 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anansi

Quote:
NTJedi said:

Since his description has him listed as douser of all fires, creater of the first fire and son of the wife of the sky... I suggest adding 25 % fire resistance and 25% lightning resistance.
25% is a pretty small amount yet this would support the definition of the pretender.
They are meaningless on purpose. "He is said to be the son of the wife of the sky" versus "It is known that God Spider is a great trickster, lier and storyteller." I'd love it if I could make all his pretender titles totally meaningless, and have him have few more just for the fun of it.

Also, I wrote "the son of the wife of the sky" instead of "son of the sky" on purpose. From Wikipedia:

"Asase Yaa is the earth goddess of fertility in the mythology of the Ashanti people of Ghana. She is the wife of Nyame the sky god. In Ashanti mythology she gave birth to two sons, Bia and Tano. However, in their folklore she is also the mother of Anansi the trickster god."

While his own article states him as the son of the sky god, the way Asase Yaa article gave me an impression that an even greater trickster had had his hands in the mess.