View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2018, 08:10 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road
Default SP23Ed for SPWW2?

SP23Ed

I found an old executable named SP23Ed by Fred Chlanda, the help document states that:

Quote:
SP23Ed is a 32-bit MS Windows(tm) program which is intended to be a more convenient way to edit scenario files than the editors built into SSI's Steel Panthers 2 and 3. It also can be used to edit saved game files. Some of the things that can be edited include leader stats, weapon types, ammo, unit position, and most other unit values that are stored in the scenario file. Some game parameters can also be edited which should be of particular interest to players of long campaigns. A battle summary lists all of the units (starting and current) of a particular type together. Finally, unit data can be exported to and imported from a spreadsheet so that fields not directly accessible from SP23Ed can be easily changed.

What I was interested in was this bit: "A battle summary lists all of the units (starting and current) of a particular type together."

Is there some external tool that SPWW2 has that can do this?

What I am getting at is there some way to make some sort of a campaign tracker tool so one could see how things progress in a campaign?

I am not particularly interested in editing units or maps just getting at the saved data files and displaying a summary or detailed account of an ongoing campaign in say like a spreadsheet or some other tool.