View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2019, 10:11 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
P.S. My system is CLEAN (Just did my monthly MS Malicious Software scan two days ago for instance and other security checks.), when I clicked on the thread I was redirected to a site saying my Flash Player is outdated (BIG RED FLAG THERE!!) and a home improvement site. Just saying not very nice.
I too am getting random tabs opening and only on these forums.

I downloaded Opera, transferred bookmarks etc and uninstalled firefox - still happening

I downloaded chrome, uninstalled Opera, went to shrapnel site on chrome and attempted to enter my username etc - BANG - redirect to another spam site appears in a new tab.

Trying to navigate around the forums, occasional spam new tab, various sites or "utilities" offered.

So - open up a virtual machine running UBUNTU Linux, so absolutely no connection to anything on the main box, navigate to these forums using Firefox on there, and again as I tried to enter my details on the login section - WHAM! - a new tab pops up wit unwanted crap.

I had run 2 different anti--viruses on the box in between each new browser install, no results.

The only common denominator is trying to access these forums, so my unfortunate conclusion is that there is some sort of hijack code exploit running on the server