View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2009, 05:22 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fomoria - Where is your God now? (AKA - The Other Giant Meat)

I have to say I'm not generally a big fan of a major W bless, but I do think it fits well with this strategy. It's justified in no small part by the Morrigans - high defense, glamour, 0 enc, life drain...they're pretty much the ideal candidate for a W bless (and hella nasty if you haven't seen them in action). In this case you're trying to balance a bless against 3 totally different goals - Morrigans, unmarked, and thugs/casters. Sure an E bless helps the thugs/casters and to a lesser extent the unmarked but it doesn't help the Morrigans at all. W blessing is at the other end of the spectrum, though it's far from useless to anti-thugs. I've no doubt a classic E/N giant bless would also be effective (and probably moreso if you only consider the sacred giants), but wouldn't really do much at all for the Morrigans. Morrigans provide an *excellent* diversity when your opponent was gearing up to take down tough giants you're dropping flying, glamoured, uber defense troops all over which require completely different counters.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baalz For This Useful Post: