View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:40 AM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Map Forge BETA 001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahan View Post
Does the feature - 'Custom Tools' - 'Mark All NoStart', work or not? I've just tried using it, and it seems to work fine in the map forge program itself. But when I save the .map file and load it up using the Dominions map editor, all the 'NoStart' tags have been erased. Is this user error somewhere by me, or....?
I think you have found a bug.
Just tried it and all appears well in memory, but the nostart values are not being properly applied to the output for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahan View Post
Also, I'd find it very useful if I could scroll through the list of provinces in the navigator using the cursor keys, while at the same time be able to click the terrain tool menu options with the mouse without it de-selecting the navigator as the window I wish to respond to the cursor keys. Since as it stands now, if I click on any of the features in terrain tool menu with the mouse, this then selects the terrain tool menu as the active window, and means I have to select the navigator again using the mouse in order to resume scrolling through the province list with the cursor keys. This makes it kind of pointless to use the cursor keys if doing heavy province-by-province map editing.

This is an awesome tool though Ballbarian. First time I've used it, and very impressed. Many thanks for the considerable time and effort you must have put into it.
In the wonderful world of windows, this is a feature called 'focus' and I will try to address it in the next version. I agree that it is reducing the usefulness of the navigator.
Map Forge - Map editor