View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2015, 01:20 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Windows 10 Status and yes there'll be no Win 9.

Yesterday while playing my generated campaign June 1986 Germany vs. DDR (East Germany) in Germany defending/AI DDR assaulting, I noticed that during the AI artillery (And the AI overloaded it's artillery-heavily.) phase where I had my Leopards under fire from the artillery the tank wasn't there and a couple of times the game acted like the tank left it's position (As if routed+) but there was no image of the tank doing that, in other words the screen moved to show the retreat but there was no tank there. The kicker here is after the barrage and during the rest of the AI's turn and then on my turn the tank is still in position and graphically shown and other wise functioning as it should.
I'm running Win 10 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti GPU both are updated as is the rest of my rig (I finally have a PC you can call a RIG.). I don't believe this was my imagination this started to happen mid way through the game as my units started to come under more artillery fire. Only happened with my tanks as far as I can tell. Did NOT see this in the previous test game as posted above.
This sounds very familiar to what happened about 3-4 years ago I think in the thread "Ghost Tanks"(?) or named something similar to that. It had something to do about firing tanks "disappearing" if not mistaken.
Everything else seemed to work fine. Has anyone else seen this in a similar situation?

Game is in Windowed/Direct X and Desktop modes.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 7th, 2015 at 01:47 PM..