View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2007, 02:11 AM

Corporal

rstaats10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: When destroying enemy ship games freezes up. H

Thanks for all the info. That will help me figure things out. Since I reduced my weps to 4 and still locked up ( destoyed enemy ship with long beam frozen on destroyed ship), I am guessing there is an x-files problem. The funny thing with mine is I will test out the ship in the terran map and set the enemy ship repeats to 6 and 100% probability. All the ships will appear and sometimes I can destroy 3 or 4 ships before the lockup occurs. Then I will set ship repeats to 1 and sometimes locks up on first ship kill. The x-files are only 244kb for the xfile. I am guessing now something must be corrupted in the space obj x-files or xfiles for this ship. But I will bear in mind for future ships to keep the weps and xfiles sizes low. Do you have any idea what capacity for xfile size the game has? Would be good to know since I am working on a new mod. I am trying to create a new story with adding some ships from SE5, never seen in starfury, but may have to reduce the new ships added if it causes too many problems so I can have more time for a decent story. I really enjoy modding the files and done some decent things so far.

I have added the Ackterra Dreadnought with 23 weps total and I have had 12 kills of this enemy ship and no lockups. I will re-load the Xfiles for the Ackterra Battleship and try 1 more time if it doesn't work then I will just keep the Dreadnought and delete the Battleship.