View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 2. AI. Suggestions, that how to fix it.

Quote:
Originally posted by licker:
Anyway, the AI isn't bad overall, just that in 1v1 its hosed, but that's gonna be the case anyway I've lost every game I started with 10+ AIs because at some point I get ganged by 3 or more at once and eventually they wear me down. Part of that is a function of the 'open' maps that I play on, if I could get a map or a situation where I could get appropriate choke points I figure I could handle 3 AIs at once, assuming that I was able to out expand them in the early game. That doesn't mean to brag, just that the AI, if you can get it into a 1v1 match, is going down on any setting. Three AIs with three small fronts may be 1v3, but it might as well be 1v1, 1v1, 1v1... if you catch my drift [/QB]
Chokepoints are actually defined by the #neighbor lines in the .map file. Maybe a script to randomly knock out #neighbor lines would create an interesting game for you. So that provinces which used to have 5 or 6 neighbors might only have 2 or 3.
Things like mountain ranges and extra thick border lines are just visual prompts to the fact that they didnt put a #nighbor line to go that way.

[ December 11, 2003, 17:04: Message edited by: Gandalf Parker ]
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)