Thread: AATF Crash
View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:30 AM

Private

mgarnett is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AATF Crash

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the response (great games by the way).

I can run the game fine on my desktop which is a pretty highly specced machine running ATI twin 5870 card in Crossfire, 12 gig of ram and a Creative XFi. It's got Windows 7 64 bit also installed along with SP1 (I thought our of both machines, this would be the one that had troubles).

My laptop is a Macbook Pro running Windows 7 64 bit also with SP1 installed. The only difference in OS between the two, is that the laptop has IE9 installed, whereas my desktop is still running IE8 (although I use Firefox on both).

Could IE9 be the cause of the problem (I wasn't sure if you used any IE extensions/controls in the GUI)?

When I start the game on the laptop, I see the game window open briefly with a white background and then I get the "not respondng" dialog box telling me it has crashed. Sometime, I can see the "client edge" of a square control inside this Window before the crash.

I have confirmed sound drivers are up to date along with video drivers (both downloaded and installed while I was troubleshooting the problem).

Cheers

Mark