View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2005, 04:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Playtesting WinSPMBT patch

Mike

In all my years of playing and developing this game I have never seen an airstrike go that badly wrong so when I see reports like this it causes nothing but questions that only save games can answer ( if I'm lucky ) with detailed information about where the attack was supposed to come in and info on what kind of air attack was it.

You don't tell me if it was a bomber, a regular fighter bomber attack or a COIN attack or a SEAD attack or what nation was involved. All that information is necessary to figure out what is going on. This is, a very complicated game with dozens of factors all calculated together for any given action on the map. If you are seeing airstikes go that badly wrong for you, in I assume , more than just one single test, then please, make saves. Make saves before the air arrives so that if it does screw up you can send me the turn just before the air attack so I can watch it.

I'm sorry but we get these reports of hugely inaccurate air attacks and every time I plot one it hits where I want it to hit so "perplexed" is the best word I can use for this problem and the only way it seems that I'm ever going to see something like this is if I have the turn before the airstrike arrives so I can check the targeted hex and see where it actually does arrive.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....