Thread: Update Schedule
View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2018, 04:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road
Default Update Schedule

With the current patch schedule, we have to wait one year for any fixes to be implemented.

I propose the following:

For the big update (with big new features), it's okay to be yearly. But for fixes or any introduction of small features, the update shall be more frequent. So in essence, there are major versions and minor versions update, e.g: version 13 for the yearly update, and then version 13.1 for the intermediate update.

This has the following the benefits:

1). The player base can playtest whatever fixes or new features on the go.
2). Then the fixes are immediately implemented to the current game, and back to no. 1 if there's any more quirks/bugs.
3). The forums will be visited more as players are constantly waiting for the new updates.
4). With more frequent updates, in turn there will be more announcements, and thus spreading the words more about this game.
5). The big yearly update is still there so people are really anticipating for the big new changes to the game.
6). I don't know.

The only downside that I can think of is that players will need to patch more often.
So maybe the patcher software can be made more convenient, e.g the GameOptions.exe has an automated detection of new version and then installs it in the correct folder location (automatically). Etc

Any thoughts?

Cheers!