Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2024, 02:52 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,238 Times in 926 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

As you know I like those guys you've ref'd and have many times used them for refs. for my submissions.

Alright seems you want to pick my brain a little more, OK, the number of road wheels seems reminiscent to an issue that came up of another possible T-72 variant the three of us were discussing (As posted in my last.) many years back in this thread involving an extended version of the T-72 with some other possible improvements.

They've got larger engines that would more than adequately fit and support a heavier extended T-72.

What would be the quickest way to put together a "shell" made of steel plates and keep costs down and produce them quickly?

Cut your Steel, spot weld as needed and assemble the pieces and securing the plates with-rivets. A Jigsaw Puzzle if you will.

Yes, I'm suggesting a "shell" might be overlayed onto the hull and installed around the turret. It would be easy to produce, assemble, mount and shape.

There were stories to indicate a similar process also occurred with the T-14 ARMATA to get it out there for propaganda purposes both at home and abroad. I feel to a degree that this "might" be the case with the M2020/2024.

This is just one possibility running around inside my head.

I had and Marcello I believe used the same website that focused solely on N. Korea. I need to review those posts for the website and refresh my memory on what was discussed at that time as I feel it'll lend clarity to what we are discussing currently.

But I can't assume that there's nothing here either. The above is my worst case would these tanks be a possible game changer. Yes, but for N. Korea mostly but not the world.

It's getting late and in 11 hours I'll be knocking out the first of my 7.5 miles.

Those leads I seek are in those posts and so is that website if still up.

Regards,
Pat

ALRIGHT PAGES 11-15 THIS THREAD SOME OF MY WORST CASE ABOVE DISCUSSED IN THOSE PAGES FOR A COUPLE OF TANKS TO INCLUDE MARCELLO AMONG OTHER ITEMS. KPA JOURNAL WAS THE SITE LAST ARTICLE RELEASE DEC 2013. Signed up for newsletter still active so took a shot however site is unsecure so be CAREFUL however I have very robust anti-virus software so I got in and out fast. We'll see if I get a response

Done playing-gotta pay the bills later.

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 16th, 2024 at 03:35 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: