View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Summer trees on a winter map

Quote:
WBWilder said:
I've begun building my first scenario, dealing with Operation Anaconda, US involvement in Afghanistan.

I need a winter map. I have the map setting on winter, 40x40 and it appears green. I filled map with winter clear hexes but when I put down trees, I get green trees.

What am I doing wrong?

WB
To answer that I have to assume a few things like you set one side to USA and the other to Afganistan and you've set the month to a winter month so try those two nations and set the map to Winter and the month to Febuary and you'll get snow on the map. If you want early winter try November and the trees will be different.( bare, not snow covered ) Try March and the trees AND the snow covering will be different.

However, I just tried US vs Aghan with the editor set to Winter and the month to July and I still see snow on all twelve maps I autogenerated so I'm not entirely sure what's happened until I know what the two nations are you started with and the month. The map code generating code is a lot more complicated in this game. There are a lot of possible combinations of terrain

Also be aware that the "clear" terrain button on page one acts just like the Clear terrain button has always worked in SP.....it will clear you down to ground level with the base terrain for the season you have picked. However, if you are on page two of the editor you can wash over existing terrain and it will follow the hill contours with the basic terrain for that season

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....