View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2018, 10:05 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Re-Crew Abandoned Vehicles and Weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Just whipped up a test scenario, dropping sheridans, 105mm howitzers, 81mm mortar teams from Hercules under AI control.

Crew and kit dropped separately on the predetermined LZs. The AI then moved the crews to marry up with the kit, bar one crew which had suffered damage and was pinned, that moved a turn or 2 later.

I then unloaded the planes and spread the crews about then ran the scenario under AI control again. The crews marched to join their weapons and vehicles, as expected.

A simple test scenario, took 5 minutes to lash up. A quick 5 or 10 minutes playing with a test scenario often answers the question.
I whipped up a similar tests using 4x BMD-3s and 4x AN-12 air transports. My results were as MobHack discovered. So, what we have is a solution under AI control using the "save as scenario" hack.

But, it gets a lot better, I also unloaded the transports in deploy, deleted them, and placed the crews about their vehicles.

It took three turns for the AI to rejoin the crews.

This latter solution is simple: just load the vehicles and weapons onto transports, unload the transports, place the crew and vehicles on the map where desired, delete the transports.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Russian Para Drop AI T01 Saved Scn.JPG (68.5 KB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg Russian Para Unloaded in Deploy.JPG (88.5 KB, 322 views)