Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2017, 08:26 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

We ALWAYS get questions about armor the various types etc. I have pulled from this source many times out here when the topic has come up and as your finding I never could figure out how to get it out, until this evening-again thanks Don.

Armor types and still relevant and this might alter some thinking of armor. I believe it's about as good as we'll get to some degree...
Tank Armor.zip

Again as was posted earlier in green/white papers APS systems which belongs here as well.
Active_Protective_Systems_CPP_Oct06-1.zip

The next is a little different, you've heard me talk about how economics is the driver for Defense spending in all areas concerned. My purpose originally here had to do with the state of the French Air Force as far as current equipment was concerned (Something triggered the search but, as Don and others know well it always manages to take me on a different related search lost now.). You will get all the numbers, percentages etc. etc. ALL IN PRETTY COLORED GRAPHS!! Also though for you that track France or their equipment, a current equipment listing and numbers as of 2016 complied from the end of 2015. Good enough I feel to post it hear because after all this thread gets the most attention of the one's I started out here. Of course I strive to provide a quality product , so this is from the French MOD.
French Defense Key figures 2015.zip

I shall now "en devour" to enjoy the rest of the evening!

bonne nuit!

Cordialement,
Patrick
(Same in English as French/No Pat in French for names. You learn something everyday. At least I know now if in France not to introduce myself as Pat as they might wonder why I want to "pat" something!?!)

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 8th, 2017 at 09:13 PM..