View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:52 AM

BANNED USER

chuckfourth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Carry Capacity for Jeep, Kuebelwagen, etc.

Hi Don
Thanks for taking the time to explain this, a very fluid answer indeed.
I see your problem with the unit classes. I think there are none left? but no problem heres the solution, continuing with the German OOB as an example only the schwimmwagen, Kuebelwagen and Kfz 15 are real utility vehicles. The remaining three vehicles can simply be removed from the utility unit class (026). Kfz 69 is a light truck, Unit class 183, Kettenkraftrad is an artillery prime mover, unit class 180. Schlepper UE has any number of roles but doesnt appear to have provision to carry any passengers whatsoever, and appears in unit classes 056 and 180 anyway. Only 4 German formations use the utlity vehicles, two contain only utility vehicles so no problems for them. That leaves only two formations, 235 PzAufklKp (sw) and 285, FJg Spaehtrp[G] assuming we are going to use "authentic" carrying capacities (say 4 but I prefer 3) PzAufklKp needs no change, only FJg Spaehtrp[G] needs work, currently it is one kubelwagon, one 4 man scout group and two snipers so we have to lose the snipers. Thats Germany done.
Without providing any detail I have also had a look at USA and again this OOB doesnt seem to pose any problems.
I am of course willing to work out for you and test what needs to be done in every OOB in order to give utility class vehicles "authentic" carrying capacities.
I do think it is a problem squeezing 6 men into a kubelwagon, as it depends on what gear they have if its the heavy MG and ammo then they probably weight as much as 10 men, six regular infantry with full kit is also unlikely. Six small slim university students perhaps.
Best Regards Chuck.