View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2005, 03:12 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mobhack Unit A0 Edit Question

Quote:
Akmatov said:
Checked last night to be really sure the vehicles I added to Formation 001 had the appropriate availablility dates - they did.

I changed slot A0 to unit 666-Bradley and slot A1 to the same. Then set up a battle in 2003 (this particular Bradley is available from 10/2001 to 12/1020). Unit A0 was a HQ Bradley and unit A1 was blank.

So the problem is not avalibility dates. It seems that it is impossible to add additional units to formation 001. Which is a pain if you want to set it up as a HQ formation.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?
I just checked the last DOS version, as well as the windows version.

It appears I have put in code to ensure that the HQ formation only has the one slot (everything else, including units and any sub-formations) is ignored, as the HQ is only m,eant to be the A0, and the game expects this to be an HQ unit, though it seems I did not add any code to ensure the 1 allowed unit was indeed an HQ.

So - the old warning in the Mobhack text is outdated, as the code is already ensuring that OOBS do not have a load of randomly chosen units which the end user will have no way of changing in the initial buy.

So - the bug is that I need to update the Mobhack help file to remove the now redundant warnings re these sorts of AI-bought add-ons.

Cheers
Andy