View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2008, 02:40 PM

Private

Carcaroth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LA Abysia: Discussion and a Proto-Guide.

For MA Abysia, you trade out all that lovely death magic for Demonbred mages, packing F2B2 and flight. Where LA Abysia is similar to LA Ulm, starting slow and tough and just getting tougher until you're throwing down massive everything, MA Abysia seems to feel a bit speedier.

The sacreds are still slow, but have dual weapons, so a weak fire bless might be viable, and if you take a moloch you're going to hit like a bomb. The aforementioned demonbreds make excellent thugs/assassins, they can sabbath up for real, ahem, firepower, and their mobility doesn't require a certain level of astral and pearls every time you want to do something sneaky. You no longer have Darkness, but you do have all-flying, all-destroying, royal flying circus armies of devils, imps, and demonbreds dropping blood lust and potentially earth buffs flying in on PD and/or castles. Where LA is the king of the blood stones, you're going to want to be the king of the Infernal Contracts in the MA... and prince of blood stones. Don't underestimate the value of Mechanical Men, because you can still throw Fire around with impunity. I also typically aim to craft a warlock to teleport in, cast Crumble, and rapidly speed up sieges so that my singing dancing gypsy troupe of demons can keep moving.

Beyond that... much of the same applies. Earth and nature still rank at the top for blesses, heat three, fire and blood make fine secondary bless effects... However, here, you don't want drain, because you don't have Death magic. You want Magic 1, and this means you need to be a bit more economical.

I like the pretender design someone here mentioned, that being E4S4B4 Great Enchantress with good scales, but you can pull it out with a Great Sage if you want to shoot straight for construction to thug out. You can also slap N4 on there to counteract the disease issue via shrouds and have a very nice weak multi-bless. Boots of Youth on all your important mages who got nice random picks is a given, but the regen lets you keep mages around a bit longer.