View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2018, 09:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Error in Abn mtr unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
I would be interested in seeing what TO&E was used to determine direct fire 81mm mortars as support; I have never heard of such a thing so a reference would be fantastic. I cannot find anything on it, but I can on indirect fire. My point really on those para btn support unit is that the mortars are not listed as DF (I guess the next patch will be so?) unlike the 60mm mortars that have DF with them. I bought them thinking they were indirect, I shouldn't have to read the manual for each unit before buying it (nor should my opponent).
Here's what I'm going to do as I have little interest in trying to justify the way a formation was put together by someone else a decade and a half ago that coves the first 8 years of an OOB than spans 70 years .......next release those DF mortars are now clearly marked as DF and there are formations for players who like them that way and new formations set up like all the rest after 1953 with regular indirect capable mortars.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....