View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2017, 03:06 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Daesh Wars series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Second, separating the LMGs from the squad would give the platoon wider and more effective zones of fire. But, would require a visit in MobHack.
If you use mobhack to make custom OOBS which are scenario-specific then the entire business becomes a pain for the end user to have to manually swap OOBs in and out or use the OOB swap utility (which is good, once you know how to use it, and most casual end users won't even have heard of it, let alone read the game guide section on its use).

If you want to do the scenario with that sort of change then
- Buy the company(s)
- buy some hack formations with 3-4 elements which you will use for LMG groups.
- Attach the non-0 elements from the hack formation to the platoons to use as the LMG groups later
- Make sure the hack units are a different Unit Class, since you are going to use the clone facility!
- Once attached, delete the stub hack formations containing 0 leader elements
- The platoon's 0 element may have changed - use the "fix leader" feature of the HQ menu to restore (CD owner feature)
- Change one original rifle group to the new type. Delete the LMG, delete the 2-3 men of the LMG group, change grenade numbers to match men etc.
- Now use the clone facility (CD owner feature) and change all units of the rifle group's unit class to be same as the edited rifle group. The clone facility is precisely for this!.
- Now go to the units you attached and edit one to be the LMG team, putting the LMG in slot 1, rifle in slot 2. Make men the number you deleted from the rifle group, add grenades (2 per man I think is the default ration, 3 for 40mm UGL).
- Once that is done, utilise the clone feature to make all the LMG teams match your edited one.

You wanted the LMG teams to be a different U/C so that all that cloning works simply (If the originals were "Rifle Section" and you simply bought more "Rifle Section" to add then all the elements would have changed at the first cloning above. So when selecting the formation to provide donor elements, choose something different - the OOB may even have a formation that uses "LMG Team".. Make sure the hack elements are an infantry class though - if you used say HMG elements as the base, they may do things differently under AI control (and perhaps make area fire blast damage from their LMG as well since that is a function of U/C, not Weapon Class)
Using this method, will the units cross attached appear in the HQ menu within the formation.

And, using MobHack is a bit, I agree. However, should the end user be concerned with swapping OOB's when the scenario will retain the changes made in the OOB even after say a new OOB is introduced as part of the yearly patch process?

=====