View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2010, 04:07 PM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A glance at Bogarus

Thanks for this guide. It prompted me to play around with Bogarus, pretty much for the first time since it was introduced.

The uber-scales/overtax approach seems to work well. The start is still a little slow, but seems to pick up speed nicely.

I'm a bit at a loss what to do for battle-magic in the early/mid-game. Unsupported cavalry will fade pretty quickly. The mages are good, but not strong in any one path. Communions seem the obvious approach, but I don't have the numbers yet to deploy one everywhere it's needed.
The suggestion of gem-fueled Thunderstrikes seems really expensive for routine use. Not very effective either, since you'll only get a couple strikes off before falling unconscious. Maybe worthwhile against raiding thugs or sacreds, but not regular armies. Skellispam also requires gems since you don't get more than 1D.
Other than those, Skarets can buff to 3F, which gives you some artillery. The 2A mages can do regular lightning. Not a lot of troop buffs available, beyond BE & Luck.

Later on, you'll be able to field communions and have lots of options, but I don't see what to do until then.

I'm also not sure where this build goes in the endgame. No nature means no GoR, which means Wish and Tarts aren't really viable. EDM opens up other options, but still...