View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2017, 05:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

IronDuke99 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: British Special Forces small arms 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
I certainly don't expect to see any women in the SEALs (and while "GI Jane" was an amusing movie get real), Green Beenies, or Force Recon anytime soon.

But I was, and am, an oddball and exception. I'm 6'2" (yeah, a freak of nature) and grew up as the oldest child on a farm. At 18 I was in FAR better shape then 75%+ of males and 95%+ of females. While I'm hardly a FemiNazi I always remember a scene in the movie "GI Jane" ... where they're swimming and a black guy tells her she's just the first nigger on the block like his granpappy was during WW II.
There are always occasional exceptions, but the fact you had a USMC career, starting, if you will forgive me for saying so, some years ago, surely shows that the system was already working well enough for the small number of women who were interested in a military career and able to meet the physical requirements.

I think women can do excellent, and vital, work in areas like intelligence, etc. I don't think they belong in close range hand to hand fighting, trying to lug 60lbs of kit around mountains and c...p in plastic bags in fire trenches, etc.

Men need to behave, and think, in a certain way to be effective warriors. A great many women tend to want to change that pattern and their presence tends to disrupt it. There is also the fact that men will do stupid things to try to save/shield women in combat, that they would not do for a male comrade. All that stuff is a result of millions of years of evolution and no amount of desire for equality is ever going to change it.

There also seems to me to be a huge disconnect between the feminists who constantly want women protected from men in civy street -often on highly dubious factual grounds- and then women being put deliberately in the way of people who will gladly kill them very dead indeed in the most vile and nasty manner they can think of.

I was just watching a video of a female UK Police officer being attacked by an Afghan in UK with a hammer and her terrified screaming was very upsetting to hear, her male oppo was also attacked but did not do any screaming and eventually rescued her...

Last edited by IronDuke99; January 20th, 2017 at 06:03 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to IronDuke99 For This Useful Post: