View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2017, 12:13 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Alright before I start, we have a lot of new or more active folks in the forum since I last put anything in here. So please, before anyone else decides to post a response here, I would urge you to Read the following first...
Post #1 Pg. 1, if still unsure, Post #121 Pg. 13 and finally Post #182 Pg. 19. THANK YOU!! This is where Don and I "hash it out" or he just plain "challenges me". But also where Andy can chime in as he sees fit, should he desire. All you have to do is just read anything Don has responded in here too understand the relationship going on here. I kind've touch on it in Post #180 Pg. 18. For my small contribution to the game over the years I wouldn't have it any other way. I've noticed when "life" was kicking us around and Don and Andy got a little better hold of their situations and came back sooner than I but, Don still entered some equipment I had only posted on, I'll just leave it at that.

Now for the business at hand which I hope will be addressed for the 2017/2018 Campaign or following one. For everyone else when I'm done here this portion will be copied over to the MBT Thread for anyone else to comment on as they see fit.

Don,
I need no specific answer to this issue anytime soon, I have to give this some more serious thought myself as well. Really just focus as I know Andy and you are on giving us the best Patch you can. Platitudes are now done...

Essentially probably the two best Heavy MBT's out there are the M1A2 SEP 3 and the LEOPARD 2A7+ (With the updated ATTICA FCS) which I had proved the Germans do have when I found and posted the results of that search in the MBT Thread.

My concerns of equipment really reached it's height at the time concerning the submission of the M1A2 SEP 2 in Post #123 (Item A1 under the MBT section) & #128 on Pg. 13 the concerns dealt with the significant advances in ammo that had outstripped the capabilities of the TI/GSR optics fitted to the FCS's at the time. You'll find an interesting quote that makes the point very well for me in Post #123 as noted above. And of course the "The 700lb. Gorilla" in the room is addressed as well concerning map sizes, play-ability etc. that just can't be ignored. We would settle on TI/GSR 50. I also started bringing up the fact we're going to have "winners and losers" out here sorry but, that's the price of technology and who's willing and MORE IMPORTANTLY can afford it in the form of R&D.

So now we move on...
I posted the following and if Don acted on it from some my posts or otherwise I'm happy to see it in that would be USA UNIT 538 M1A2 SEP 3 TI/GSR 60 (And I strongly feel LEOPARD 2A7+ should be on par or @ TI/GSR 55 min.), I think that's exactly where that particular tank should be. For planes equipped with SNIPER or any similar pod that's nothing (I've posted video in you can guess where, that shows a jet ~40NM out looking like from the camera it's almost hovering on top of the targets.) as they would say "the skies the limit" but that'll never work for land equipment. LOS will always put limits on land equipment and we have to maintain some sense of proportion within the game as well to keep things on an "even keel".

We move on to the other "700lb. Gorilla in the room" the USA isn't sitting on it's laurels, that's right, and can you guess what's coming!?! Yup, the M1A2 SEP 4, what I'll be thinking about independently is...

1) Do we push the envelop on TI/GSR to say 65?

2) Is there enough room in the other associated FCS's sub systems that can be improved upon?

3) Can the ammo be improved upon as the AIM round is now available and the new Kinetic round is being tested now for this tank to possibly increase hit % and PEN % etc.

4) Still might be an armor issue but, still looking into this.

5) Or a sensible combination of some or all these elements?

6) And finally and most importantly what makes sense for the game.

So right now that's what I'm thinking about. Also take note how quickly they moved from the V2 to the V3. I believe we will definitely see this tank available before games end and sooner than expected based on DOD increased budgets and what Russia and China do over the next couple of years as they test our new "CIC".

At your leisure if I missed a point of concern you wish me to further consider as well, please do so and post it here if you will. Otherwise until LATER this year, I'll consider this matter closed for now.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/unite..._11610155.html
http://www.armyrecognition.com/febru..._11302171.html

Something else I'm TRACKING...
http://www.janes.com/article/64383/a...me-takes-shape

And again, Andy and Don thank you for all the hard work, and I'm looking forward to the Patch when released.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 24th, 2017 at 12:37 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: