View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:19 PM

Captain

Chazar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3 Wishlist

Quote:
Agrajag said:
How about having different population types for the different nations?
Yes, I think this one has been wished for before. In addition, a certain number of a certain population type should allow the production of basic army types for that population without a fort (but no commanders).

This would give the lesser national troops a new niche place.

However, patrolling should affect 'foreign' population types much more than the own type, and the native population (the independents) should also be more resitant to decreasing effects: Thus if I quickly reduce unrest in freshly conquered provinces, I might be able to recruit basic national troops of other players (only the weakish ones). Furthermore, nice native population that allows recruitment of lizard runners and lizard shamen might be lost if extensive patrolling and many battles take place at the province, not to mention the dominion effects (i.e. bad scales might drive them away too). Again, the national poptype and the 'native' poptype should be a little more resistant here.

It would furthermore be fun if population would slowly migrate from one province to antoher due to unrest/scales/over-under-popluation/too-many-too-few-supplies, etc...