View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:11 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aran_Dom (SemiRandomized Aran)

Some maps can have some interesting features but get old with replay. So even though they are maps, they cry out for a daily regeneration which some people seem to prefer not to do on their own machine.

Ive considered picking another of the maps that come with the game and doing a program for a semi version of NI. Instead of No Independents (which there are plenty of and dont need redone) I was thinking of a PI for Partial Independents. It would still have the benefit of forcing the AI into a better playing mode, and cut down on late game micromanagment, but not quite so extremely. If I just blank the poptype for most of the provinces then it will allow the game to still randomly assign types to the few left untouched. Im thinking maybe 1 in 10 provinces as a starting point to test it.

But a PI map would be best if redone once in awhile. If Im lucky, then a totally random choice of which provinces to change will work for it. If not then I might have to build a more involved program to divide the map into large sections then choose one in each section to be allowed a population.