Thread: Hi, new here
View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2017, 08:19 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Hi, new here

When we started work on this 20 years ago the game system was well known and popular and we wrote the manual with certain assumptions that the people playing the game already knew how the basic game worked and we were explaining the new items we added so we never considered that everything would need to be explained ( I don't think it was in the original manual either....some things you need to learn by doing ).....add to the fact we NEVER thought we'd be doing this for 20 years and introducing it to players who were not familiar with "SP" at all.

Others on the forums may have some input into this to help you as some of them may have been in the same boat you are now but keep plugging away at the tutorial and read the guide and I'm sure it will become more clear. But after you get a better idea how the tutorial works I would suggest you try some small battles in the late '40's early 50's to start...jumping right into modern day tank warfare where there is little room for error or you are dead is not the best time period to first learn the game

I have made a note to check the game guide for that bombardment screen reference. A few years ago we restricted some battle types to access to the bombardment screen until after turn 2 .

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: