View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2008, 09:48 PM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fighter Fitting Standardization (diff per race)

I am assuming that you are using 'P&N 1 - Homefront'.

I replaced the code as you are showing. I also added a 'Long Range Scanner' on the Terran Carrier so that I could check out the fighter and see the components after the fighter is launch.

It went out without a problem, except:
1. First make sure that the video card is not playing tricks on you. Sometimes some ships look invisible. To fix this just reload until it is visible.

2. I was able to launch the fighter successfully but it only had 8 of the nine components you listed. The reason is because on the 'components.txt' there is no 'Anti-Proton Beam' weapon. You are experimenting using a mod. You have to be careful since modders normally change things from the stock game.

3. Since you set the random components to FALSE you will not get (as rstaats10 mentions):
Number of Fighter Components All Races Must have : = 5 (Note: this applies to all fighters on the game)
-Fighter Cockpit
-Fighter Life Support
-Fighter Engine (2 engines)
-Mini Reactor (5kT)
You find this on the same 'Main_Enemies.txt'. There is also settings for the rest of the ships.

The popular way for you to change the components on the ships was to edit the 'Main_PurchaseShipsEnemy.txt' and 'Main_PurchaseShipsEnemy.txt' respectively as rstaats10 explains (That is the way I do it too). But it is interesting to notice that you can edit components carried on the 'Main_Enemy.txt'; not popular but possible, and this file can even overrides the previous two, also good to know.