View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2016, 04:23 PM

Captain

Pibwl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cross country speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
As to "Vehicles missing from OObs".......we are NOT adding every last truck used by various armies...there is no point, we've already "over done" truck as it stands now. I would be quite happy to go back to one genereic Heavy truck, one medium truck and one light truck per OOB and save a lot of space. Multitudes of trucks simply clutter up the OOB and uselessly waste slots that are in some OOB's in short supply
Actually, several of those "missing vehicles" are present. I wouldn't oppose returning to generic trucks - it would make some things easier. But I believe, that in most countries there should two medium trucks and two light trucks representing 4x4 (or 6x6) troop carriers and ordinary trucks, which constituted a bulk of transport.

There is also other slight problem, hard to overcome in a sensible way. In some OOBs heavy (and medium) trucks are used just as artillery tractors, what usually was not their purpose. On the other hand, a single class "prime mover" has a fault, that all tractors are put in the same class, from light tractors capable to tow only a 37 mm gun to howitzer and AA-gun towing ones... There is also an unclear distinction between light truck and utility vehicle in some cases.