View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2018, 12:11 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestion regarding artillery

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightDeve View Post
If you click an artillery unit (from the Bombardment unit list), it will jump the Bombardment Map toward the last mission of that artillery unit. Notice the red hexagon outline that indicates the exact place.

So the solution would be:

-Select the FOO
-Open Bombardment Screen and cycle through the list to see which one has the target location (i.e last mission) nearest from that FOO you selected.
-Plot the bombardment.
-Select another FOO and repeat the process.

I assume using multiple FOOs is useful for when they have eyes on target, thus usually the target area is near that FOO. Otherwise, if FOOs are plotting without direct LOS, might as well just use one FOO.
That's the thing though, it is more complicated than I would have liked. You have to make notes which artillery is "bound" to which FOO so that if you need to re focus/target something, you don't mess up with the other artillery pieces.
If however you knew (with for example what I suggested) that in the bombing screen what artillery was "bound" with what spotter, you wouldn't need to either memorize everything, take notes on anything, and you would speed up the process without mistakes.

As it is now, say you make a mistake AND you realize your mistake, then you have to find the proper/previous FOO and re order the bombarding. Something that you could avoid if there was an easier way to see who was spotting for who from the same bombarding screen.