View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2004, 12:00 AM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dev. Notes: Feb. 2

Quote:
Originally posted by Smapdiness:
I didn't have any problems with the music warping the way it was described in the other Posts or the #9 error. I've put the nomusic patch on and then the new patch and I get music at the opening screen....but I thought I remembered the crowd cheering during the match before I put the nomusic patch on.

I've ran through 16 of the 20 day seasons and have only noticed a few problems.

Once I had a warrior die because I used too many enchantments and the program locked when that screen appeared. I was able to reload my Last save after I restarted the program.

I've noticed a glitch during the contract signing phase. Sometimes I don't get the option to try and re-sign a warrior when his contract has expired. I wish I could be more helpful in tracking this one down but it occurs infrequently and catches me off guard. I think it is either with a warrior I have gotten from the academy or a free agent I signed after the initial season they are on the team.

Another weird one is that sometimes when I sign a warrior from the academy, I get a different one in my roster when the new season starts. It has only happened twice. The first time I thought I must have clicked the wrong one, but the next time it happened I was sure I had gotten a different one than the one I chose.
A. I didn't put back in the crowd cheering during matches until I was sure the darn thing worked for people having trouble earlier, since it requires some code replacement. I had to actually write my own ActiveX component to get what I needed, a joyous task indeed.

B.Hmm...I did find a little problem just now with the bookkeeping when warriors die due to potion or magic problems in a fight, and fixed it. Maybe that was it.

c. The problem with clicking on a rookie warrior and getting a different one has been fixed. Simple typing bug (if you chose the 5th one, it gave you the 1st one instead). Arrgh.

D. The bug with not getting an option to resign i'm looking into. Should be easy to track down.

Thanks and I welcome any more comments!