View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: project: a watcher nation

OK. After finally placing an alpha version of this on my website, a couple days later Johan gives permission for me to discuss some of the hidden switches in Dom3. The --comptrn switch in particular will make this project not as big a deal as before.

It will still have some possible use in mega MP games. But I was more interested in letting people watch mega AI games.

But now everyone has a "watcher" on their machine. If you start a game with AIs, and use the --comptrn switch, then Dom3 will create trun files for everyone including the AIs. That means if Ulm is an AI that you can pick up Ulms file and look at it. See what Ulm buys, makes, researches, assigns, etc.

Thank you Johan for releasing some of the NDA (non-disclosure agreement) stuff from the beta group. I have hated not being able to discuss things like the hidden switches before now.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)