View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: project: a watcher nation

OK the Watcher mod on my site has been updated to version 02.
http://www.Dom3Minions.com
I neglected to make the observance spell available on all 3 eras. Since I usually use era 1 to test I failed to notice it for abit.

The mod is still not in its final stage but I have found it useful already. Mostly for testing maps, and nations mods. I can enter the game as Watcher and cast observance on the first turn. That lets me see how the nations have been placed on the maps (far enough, too grouped, or maybe not enough starts). And I can watch the early growth of nation mods as AIs to see if they are "broken" as far as AI play.

I still think the mod will be useful in mega games for the admin. Add a white dot to the upper corner of the map and give it no neighbors. It makes a great home for the watcher nation to see the entire game, interact with messages or rewards, and not affect the game play.

So far the only problem is the Observance spell taking a global slot. Im still working on that but for now you could safely use it until globals start showing up in the game.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)