View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2018, 01:47 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Yes but, we're talking for what maybe less than 30s to launch/drop it's weapons. If those RCS numbers are even close (Based on models tested in labs of outside organizations.) those differences are huge. I'm trying to get the "whole picture" looked at here as much as possible. By example how can s GRIPEN have a EW 6 with what is known about them. The first version JS-39A yes-maybe. The GRIPEN NG absolutely not. I just pointed out the other issue that ties into this. I'm not trying to make it perfect just maybe a little better is all.

Russia within a couple of years will have a player against the threat with the 500 Series SAM and the 400 later mods that are slowly coming onto the field shortly. NATO will have MEADS, PATRIOT PAC3+ etc.

Anyway more graphics...

First up some examples of 3rd GEN Jets for context...
Of course the picture is too big so...
Israeli KFIR/Sweden SAAB 37 VIGGAN "THUNDERBOLT"/USA F-4 PHANTHOM II/China CHENGDU J-7 "FISHBED" (MiG-21)/USA F-4A/B FREEDOM FIGHTER/France MIRAGE F1 and Russia MiG-21 "FISHBED".

Now please note these don't take into account known updates to aircraft shown or newer known information casting doubt on a small number shown. I mostly by posting these wanted to show the complexities in dealing with these GEN destinations. All combined present a more complete understanding of the issues I'm looking at. For instance the F-22 last one of these shows a RED block now GREEN by current available data.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Evolution-The-Aviationist.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	15165 Click image for larger version

Name:	4th5thGenerationJetFightersNetwork1b.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	15166

Name:	Fighter evolution.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	15167 Click image for larger version

Name:	Fighter generations.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	15168

Name:	5th GEN checklist.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	15169

The last two posts were meant to provide a general overview of the issues I'm looking at. I'll offer one more example from Russia. The best operational frontline fighter they have operating at this moment is the Su-35 (This by the way is the fighter chosen for mass production over the PAF FA/T-50 due to it's operational and financial difficulties. They have or soon will have, 12 operational for IOP in a Squadron.), it's EW is rated @ 10. The MiG-29SM EW is rated @ 9. And I hope some of you are paying attention to this because the Su-100 is rated at 0!?!

Anyway, I've had my fun for the night!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: