View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2018, 06:25 AM

BANNED USER

Kiwikkiwik is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Feature requests for 2019

Just a note on artillery fire effects. Have a good look at this site.

http://nigelef.tripod.com/wt_of_fire.htm

table 5 is what we are talking about here.

For a 25 pounder the table says that BEFORE you begin to have ANY effect on the Morale of troops you need to drop 100 rounds per minute of 25pdr for 15 minutes in 10000 sq yds. That is 25 shells per hex per turn.

I did this, I put 1945 German infantry in trenches and shelled them with a light batterie (48) this gives an average of 13 shells per 4 gun 119 artillery troop landing in the target hex, this gives the required weight of shot.

All the target squads were at 99 suppression at the end of 1 turn, ie 3 minutes, There should be NO morale effect until they have sat out 5 turns of this shelling.

The site also says this,

The morale and neutralisation data need to be treated with caution; the evidence for achieving the defined demoralisation in 15 minutes was based on a single operation, at Wesel, during the Rhine crossings. Before this it was thought that at least 4 hours were needed.

Artillery suppression effects (Or maybe suppression effects in General) in the game are WAY too high can we please have an artillery suppression effect adjuster in preferences or maybe make Artillery suppression conform to some real world Data?

This Super Suppression means Artillery is the answer to every problem in the game. I think it makes the game far too easy, Shell mop up, shell mop up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiwikkiwik For This Useful Post: