View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2006, 12:41 AM

Sergeant

Devnullicus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SEV 1.08, Balance Mod 0.91

Turn 2404.5
Researched: Rock Colonization 1, Crystalline Weapons 3, Contra-Terrene Engines 2, Crystalline Technology 2, Crystalline Technology 3

The Youbut Collective has become the butt of history's joke and have joined the Amon'krie in obscurity. That'll teach 'em to refuse my treaty offer.

I'm very surprised that the Sithrak or Xi'Chung have not come after me, honestly. Despite not having any treaties, they seem content to just stay in their systems. In fact, it does seem that the AI players have pretty much stopped growing.

For that reason and the fact that the game is no longer challenging, I'm going to declare it at an end. The next version of the mod sounds like it's going to improve a lot of these problems, so I'll wait for it.

In the meantime, I've gotten a lot of ideas for the mod I want to do, so I'll go work on it while waiting for Captain Kwok to finish 0.92.

Thanks Captain Kwok for all the hard work on this mod. It's far, far better than any game of SE5 I've played so far. I just find it depressing that it is taking so much effort to get the game to a point that it should have been in when it shipped. C'est la vie, I suppose.