View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2003, 03:45 AM

Major General

Jack Simth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Misadventures of the Missed Adventurers

At Last, the party comes to the top of the tower, where the golems are blocking the doorway.

Jack (to golems) "Line up against the wall."

The golems just stand there, facing the door, swords at the ready. After a minute, Jack pokes one. It collapses in a pile of dust; the sword it was holding clatters loudly to the floor.

D "So much for them Lasting an hour."

Jack "Of course - there was more than one bandit in range at any given time, and they all drew power from the golems. I forgot to account for that. It's a good thing the bandits stopped when they did. Hmm, is the damping field still active?"

Jack forms a small glowing globe between his hands, which slowly shrinks to nothing.

Jack "Yep, it is; pretty strong too, as we are pretty far from the center of the effect. Perhaps it sustains itself on the energy it drains. If so, we may not have as much of an edge as we thought."

D "How much indication do you think the bandits have of our lack of immediate backup?"

Jack "I suppose they don't have any, do they?"

Narp "That sword was a little loud."

Jack "Okay, so they do have a clue."

ooc:[so, should we try to bluff the bandits down, wait for the baron's men so it isn't a bluff, be open with the bandits and alert them to both circumstances, or something else?]