Thread: Scenario WW3: Dutch interception
View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2017, 06:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WW3: Dutch interception

Turns 11-15
Barendorf is in the eye of the storm now, as Russians seem to really want to capture this village which is attacked from the north, the west and after the armored forces manage to seriously batter the 2/17th company, from the southern highway as well. Nevertheless, this small village proves quite costly to the Russians, who lose 2 tanks, 7 IFVs and 1 APC and just barely manage to capture the northern flag. 2/42nd is also heading towards Barendorf.
In Hokendorf, Russians do manage to capture the objective, at the cost of 7 tanks and numerous APCs, but they didn’t clear out all the infantry there and there is a chance of recapturing it. Air strikes and the helos that came as reinforcements were the major tank busters there.
1/17th crosses the Tressower under the cover of Spike ATGMs. The latter knock out an OSA-AKM and 4 BMP-3s in total.
Despite trying my best to relocate the Patriots, I do lose one from an artillery strike (Russian artillery has excellent response times, I must say). 900 points down the drain, which is quite a painful loss. So, I decide to withdraw them off map. AA defense will be much worse, but I presume that after I knock out most of the Russian tanks, I can stay mainly with dismounts and minimize casualties in case Russians bring in more air power.

Turns 16-20
Barendorf turns into a mini Grozny, where Russian vehicles perish and infantry proves incapable of helping it. Nevertheless, Russians capture all but one objective, without doing much damage to the infantry in the city though, that can still counterattack and take the objectives back.
I send the Apaches on a raid behind the enemy lines and they absolutely massacre Russian artillery. 16 Akatsiya 152mm SPGs and 4 Vasilek mortars are destroyed. Equally successful are the men of 1/17th who, being in the rear of the Russian formations now, destroy 3 more Basileks and are ready to occupy the undefended Gresow.
Russian attention has turned south as well. The valiant platoon holding the intersection on the southern highway is eliminated by a combination of tanks, infantry and engineers. Russians try to attack the next intersection directly south of Barendorf (that is also an objective) but engineer ambushes and ATGMs turn 3 tanks and 2 SPAAGs into scrap metal. Nevertheless, more Russian forces in the form of a couple of tanks and 3 BMPs, as well as an unknown number of infantry dash south. When I’m done with the artillery, I’ll probably send my helos over there.
Finally, fixed wing aircraft have appeared and cause casualties to my troops. I need to be extra careful now.
Total number of points lost about 6000 now. I didn’t estimate Russian casualties, but they lost about 20 tanksm 30 IFVs and a ton of artillery, so I guess I’m well in the marginal victory range but I need to counterattack to reclaim lost objectives.