View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2013, 03:52 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Windows Vista and Windows Seven Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaud View Post
It looks like I have gotten everything working correctly. Thank you so much for helping me, and for everything you guys have done to keep this great game alive.

I think my mistake was in how I set my taskbar. I thought that it was enough to right-click on the toolbar and unlock it. After poking around a bit I found that I needed to right-click, choose 'Properties,' and un-check 'Auto-hide the taskbar.'

*sigh* I'm just not very tech-savvy. Back in the day I used to spend LOTS of time tweaking DOS settings to try to get games to run... But that was long ago.

I wonder who has the rights to the old classic Age of Rifles. If you gentlemen could do for AoR what you have done for Steel Panthers...wow!
No "unlocking" the taskbar is nothing to do with auto hiding it (where you have to hover the mouse over the appropriate bit of the screen - the left side if the end user has it set up there say - to make it pop into view).

"Unlocking" simply means you can drag the icons about on it. Which in my case means that if you double click on say your Firefox launch icon and slightly put some right (or left) motion on it, it swaps around with another one on the launch bar which you then click instead of what you wanted the next time! - which is why you unlock the task bar, set up icons as desired, then re-lock it!

Andy