View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Sergeant

CharonJr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: noob taking a closer look at EA bless, medium

Turn 13

With Arco's god gone Rotmarsh was taken without any opposition by the 5th which will continue to Cimri in the hope of finding more former Arco provinces there before other nations arrive to share in the spoils.

Construction 1 has been reached and research will continue.

The now indie fort at Arco is still under siege.

A mixed archer/heavy infantry unit from Marshlands will reclaim Citala while the newly formed 6th division (14 Helhirdings) will retake Summerlands.

In addition some commanders are moved to provinces in order to gather the newly recruited troops (archers/heavy infantry) there.

With 5+ 20k+ pop provinces in my realm I am starting to feel inclined to use my B1 Hanga for some bloodhunting (did I mention that I am not a nice god ? ), but will refrain from it for the moment...

A Svartalf is recruited this turn in order to prepare for forging a dwarfen hammer/earth boosting items later on. In addition 7 Helhirdings and 3 Mounted Hirdmen are recruited. Since my treasury is depleted by this point I have to take small consolation that the former Arco provinces I am about to (re)take should provide a considerable boost to my income.

Caelums's presense in Dunheim does worry me a bit as well as Sauro's forces on my border, but at least the large contingent of Niefel is no longer right at my border.

For the moment I try to consolidate my power and reap the rewards of my Arco campaign, but I feel that I will have to do something about Sauro soon, unless an easier target will present itself

I try to avoid looking at the game graphs too often, but here is a snapshot of the current balance of power:

Except for provinces and income (where I lead) I am mainly in the lower half of the graphs, which does not bode too well. Especially Sauro seems to be a major power, further strengthening my believe that I have to do something about them soon.

I am aware that quality plays often a larger role than quantity, but even the research and gem income of Sauro is very high. On the other hands that means that many already researched provinces might fall into my hands from a campaign against Sauro

Edit: I have just seen that Ermor has built a 2nd fort 1 turn ago with Atlantis, Mictlan and Vanheim having done so this turn. Even more reason to strike at Sauro soon before they are able to get additional troops. If only the indies would cease to defend Arco...

CharonJr