View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2008, 05:34 PM

Sergeant

SlipperyJim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Archers,Precision & Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
Shield prot value ONLY applies in melee. It is added to other prot values when the def as boosted by the shield is enough to 'avoid' the att, but the base defence without the parry bonus is not.

Missiles are parried by shields or not. Prot value of the shield is NOT involved. At all.
In other words, I was right. I have resolved to read my manual more often, because it really does have a treasure trove of useful data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre
It's true that secondaryeffect poison on poison arrows still poisons the target even on shield parry. However it is NOT true that secondaryeffect always works on hit. Shield parries in melee work to prevent secondaryeffect damage from poisoned melee weapons for example, AS DOES BODY PROT.
Now that's interesting. So if my base Prot value is high enough, I won't get poisoned by (for example) Tritons with Coral Spears?

Shield parries can block poison damage in melee, but not from poisoned arrows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre
Now this may not be the case with ALL secondaryeffects (in fact I'm certain it isn't), but it is the case with poison melee weapons.
So a Bane Blade will still inflict Decay, even if you block with your shield? Maybe?

What about a Banefire Bow? Will you still suffer Decay if you stop the arrow with your shield?