Thread: priests spells?
View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2003, 10:54 PM

Captain

johan osterman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: priests spells?

Originally posted by Pocus:
Quote:
I have problem finding the explaination logical. In essence you are telling us that Caelian weapons are less an advantage, because the targets where they could apply their supremacy (compared to other weapons) are more potents but less numerous (because costlier). I would say that his render the problem at least as acute as before.

If a summer lion cost 5 gems now and not 3 as before, or if elementals (any type) cost one gem at least (and not zero), then the ability to have 4 times more chances to hit them because you are Caelian and not any other nation, render the Caelian weapons at least as valuable, and grossly overbalanced than before. And even if you encounter those magical beats more rarely. Because when you encounter them, it wont be in skirmishes as in dominions I, but in major battle where players commits the best.

Also, a point that your forget, is that many players use body etheral to boost their units. There is nothing hard-core or 'trick of the guru master ' here, I know that a bunch of players will protect with etheralness their most valuable troops. Take for example Ctis (poor Ctis I would say). The shaman can cast BE on their best units (the blessed serpents at first, then summoned behemots). Thats nearly a common combo (in competitive pbem, in solo I wont bother optimizing like that). Caelian weapons will here too render body etheral useless.

Anyway, I know that you have set your mind on this, so I will move to another subject.
My point is that the situation where the caelian weapons is an advantage is less common than it was in dom 1.