View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2008, 06:11 PM

BANNED USER

MemoryLeak is on a distinguished road
Default Two Items: Line of Sight and movement

Hi,

I am new to SPWW2. I have played Wargames for 50 years and the closest to SPWW2 would be SPWAW. Line of sight seems too extended and through solid objects. My units can see 40 hexes and through forests. In SPWAW you are not able to do this. Is this a bug? And when you click on a unit with the intention of moving it sometimes the unit movement range is not highlighted and some times it is. I found out by accident that if you click on the reduce suppresion button you regain some movement but the range is still not highlighted until you move one hex and then the remaining movement range is highlighted. I am playing the long campaign. And the 40 hex visibilty is really unrealistic. I am patched to v3.0
While I am asking I might as well throw in a third question. I see that v7 is advertised on the Shrapnel website but I don't see any patches for that. Is taht a commercial version only?
Thank you for any clarification you can provide. I did try a search for line-of-sight but I got a lot of weird replies.