View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2007, 05:25 AM

Major General

MaxWilson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LA Agartha Advice Wanted

Okay, here's another datapoint. As I said, I'm still learning Agartha, and in my last 2 games (8 Impossible AIs on Glory of the Gods, 7 random and 1 set to my own T'lan Imass mod) I've stalled about 30 turns in. This is curious to me because I thought I had that part of the game figured out, so I went back to my last race (EA C'tis) to compare. I figured LA Agartha would be easier if anything, because the troops have heavier armor and the mages have higher research. However, C'tis really does have low resource costs even for Heavy Infantry (10 gold/15 resource), as well as cheaper forts (LA Agartha's cheapest fort is 1000 gold, and it takes something like 5 months to construct). I think now that I probably wasn't expanding fast enough as Agartha; I should go back and check, but I doubt I had 15 provinces at the end of the first year. Awesome battle magic and national summons are all well and good but it takes a while to get it rolling.

Next time I think I will probably take better scales (I've never taken Death scales before and I think it hurt a lot) and focus more on the early game. Perhaps Prod-3, Order-3, Misfortune-3, Drain-2, Growth-1.

-Maximilian

["Memories of Ice", by Steven Erikson. Retranslated into l33t.]