Thread: DAR: Poland
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2009, 05:50 AM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Poland

Turn 11

More casualties on Hill 2 and another squad running. Tanks from support platoon and reserve platoon engaging enemy cavalry now. Just when I thought they would make the difference and break the attack, an enemy tank and one squad showed up on Hill 3. More than likely, there are more behind them. They turned the flag on the east side of the hill, but artillery should hit there next turn. Enemy artillery is coming down all over Hill 2 now.

One enemy squad showed up east of the gap between Hills 1 and 2. They could be signs of another company coming up or be part of the unit the squad on Hill 3 is with. Only time will tell. Enemy cavalry and the last armored car returned to the area as well. I am trying to move my infantry in to take care of the armored car, but they don't have much for anti-tank weapons. I think it's time to commit my remaining reserve in this area. That way they can either turn north and deal with the cavalry attack or turn south and hit the enemy infantry on the road. I guess my plan for a flanking move might go out the window. At least my ATG destroyed the last seen tankette on the road. I believe there is one more around somewhere. Artillery is continuing to pound the road.

I've lost track of most of the enemy tanks east of the South Woods. One of my ATGs did destroy another tankette and one tank. My infantry also engaged some advancing enemy infantry.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: One TK-3 and one TKS.m tankettes and one FT-18 tank destroyed and estimated 20 casualties.