View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2009, 01:02 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI, Recruiting.

Welcome Algae and welcome back viccio. I'll update the main post accordingly. If anyone wishes to switch teams of anything feel free.

I usually use # of forum posts and join date to give me a general idea of how long a player has been around. This of course is an arbitrary measure and doesn't mean much by itself for a multitude of reasons.

Who is a noob and who is a vet is a relative idea of course. For instance Algae may be a vet compared to me as I have only 4 MP and 1 or 2 SP games completed. Whereas Algae might be a noob compared to maybe Ironhawk or Zeldor.

Some players may have hundreds of SP games under their belt and extensive modding experience and forum posts but only a few MP games and still be a vet due to excellent grasp of game mechanics.

But generally in the context of the whole community I guess it refers to number of MP games played and generally implies numerous victories as a result of experience. If you've played in so many Dominions games that you can't count the number and/or your Shrapnel rank includes the word "General" and/or your in the Hall of Honor thread your likely a vet. Ultimately only you how much experience you have.