View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2017, 08:00 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Game play -Seasons

I didn't include "desert" as part of the poll but I suppose I should have. For WW2 I can see how some players may prefer the North African battles and in MBT's era there are quite a number of them.

Part of this question is just curiosity to see what players default to. Someone may always play the '70's in June when they select a random battle. But also to see, as I suspected if winter was under played. Over time, and as I find them I have been trying to gradually complete the Icons sets for desert and winter but it would seem that since there is little play in winter the green Icon sets are "good enough".....one because it's rarely played it seems but also because there are plenty of examples of non-whitewashed vehicles used in winter AND since white on white on white is a bit visually monotonous ...a green vehicle may be better finding units.....that's one reason why I never bothered making " winter" troops.

The poll also helps to determine IF we did add any new terrain, what season would see it used. There is little point in spending days adding something that 1% *might* actually see.. PERSONALLY, I have no problem with determining LOS & movement on winter maps and the changes we added last time break up white on white effect but I do see how it might bother some people but I can't see how I can change that and still show slopes clearly when you are not determining LOS & movement. I also understand that the movement restrictions on winter maps may make the game too slow for some and avoid it for that reason alone but all information is useful and I'll be interested to see if anyone else weighs in......BUT as of today " all seasons"....and that includes winter, is the leader but nobody *so far* claims winter as their favorite

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....