View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

RonD is on a distinguished road
Default Stygian Paths

Over on the QT3 forum, someone suggested that Stygian Paths might actually be a viable spell for Helheim, due to their stealth. Thanks to Boron's "testmap" and mod it took about 2 minutes to try this out. The results made me go "hmmm".

I gave 60 Helhirdlings + 40 Valks to a D6 Allfather (yeah, right, like any test with a non-F9W9 Helheim pretender is "realistic"), and had him cast Stygia Paths.

The message said that 14,445,592 troops had died in the attempt. What really happened was even stranger. The "Go to commander" button sent me to the target province, but the Allfather never made it there. All 60 of the Helhirdlings did arrive (but without a commander, so they were lost in the battle). All 40 of the valks were safe and snug at home, back in the garrison.

-- by the way - I don't often phrase things as "the devs ought to...", but the devs ought to remove this spell until it is truly fixed. This discussion arose after a relatively new player lost his whole main army (and, thus, any shot at being competetive) in a large MP game. He's taking it rather well, but I could see feeling really jerked around by a bug this bad that has been in the game this long.