View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2019, 12:56 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Adjusting Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Think_Tanker View Post
I tried messing around with Shermans at 6 vision but it appears in my save that there is no change in visibility whatsoever (though I am using the same save, do these effects not take place until a new game is launched? Even if I put the Shermans at the same visibility rating as the M48s, which is 10, they cannot see any further in my current skirmish where the Visibility is 1, I think).

I am not sure if there is something I am doing wrong, but I am up to any and all feedback / assistance!

If you change the Vision rating in Mobhack you will need to restart the game for it to have an effect. An already started game / scenario, however, will keep the units as they were when saved, I believe.

A unit can have any vision number if the battle visibility is set to lower than this number the unit can see out to its vision number. numbers above 30 can see through smoke as they are assumed to be IR.

As for question 2 - units will ONLY reaction shot against targets in their LOS... Everyone can see in a 360 degree arc...

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod