View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2004, 08:54 PM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Developer Notes: Jan. 30

Hmm...I think I have a solution to keep the MP3 music in the game. I may need a few people to test it on in a little bit (maybe a day or so) that had problems with the "warping" music or "has encountered an error and must exit" problems before, so I can make sure it works. Feel free to e-mail me (my e-mail listed on here works fine) if you're interested in testing.

The 1.6 patch will also include a few new enchantments, and a new feature or two.

I may add a "quest" feature where you can send your warrior to explore a mysterious place. He may return with gold and upgraded stats from experience (there will be two difficulty levels of quests: Minor and Major Quests), where Minor quests give regular awards for lesser risk, and Major Quests give higher awards for more risk to your warrior (risk of injury or on very rare occasions, death). Bonuses can range from a small amount of gold to a larger amount of gold, from 1-2 points to a stat or two, to up to 4-5 points bonuses to some stats for the Major Quests. Bonuses would be randomly determined after the quest completion.

It would give players an alternative, somewhat faster (but slightly riskier) option to traditional training. The warrior would unavailable for fighting or anything else for the duration of the quest, of course (the duration would be displayed). What do you guys think of this idea?

OT: Thanks for the kudos from a few people given in the Last day's notes. I really believe customer service is the cornerstone of the success of any small business, and I intend to live up to that for as long as Stormcloud Creations is around, whether I end up with 10 customers or 10 million. No big secret: I simply treat gamers the way I would want to be treated.

Thanks!